The research group La traducción especializada (Specialised translation), aka GIRTraduvino, was officially recognised as such by the University of Valladolid on the 31st day of May 2005, although the group members had been working and researching as a team since 1998.
Professor Miguel Ibáñez created the group aiming at a better understanding and standarization of specialised languages and translation, with a focus on the wine and tourism sectors.
The group's objectives include:
- to study the languages of wine and tourism (synchronic and diachronic approaches).
- to acquire a better understanding of the history of specialised translation in different speheres.
- to collect and analyse terms belonging to the fileds of wine and tourism, among others, in order to create useful lexical resources for professional translators and Translation students.
- to train specialised translators and workers in the wine and tourism sectors.
- to act as consultant to wineries and other companies related to the group's activity.